I've attended Conferences!
- Futures of Digital Studies 2010, 5th Digital Assembly Conference, University of Florida, February 25th-27th 2010
The conference will focus on the dialogue between forms of digital literacy connected with recent technological developments in networked and programmable media in relation to human expression and forms of representation. We seek to put in conversation digital artists and digital critics in order to examine the "state of the art" of digitally mediated practices and to envision possible futures for the current overlapping platforms, software, formats, hardware and artistic processes through which we experience digital culture. The two-day conference's thematic focus on the 'literary' in the digital age is integrated with a fundamental attention to visual art, music and sound, computer science, and other aspects of digital culture through an art exhibit and a concluding roundtable videoconference session with an international group of participants.
Futures of Digital Studies 2010 Website
As well as attending this conference, I was an artist who presented work in the conference's accompanying art exhibit, Text Fields. The work I showed was A Digital Heap of Language.
- ConvergeSouth 2013, University of North Carolina Greensboro, October 11th 2013
ConvergeSouth enters its 9th year as the region’s premiere technology and creativity for business conference. It’s run by passionate volunteers and supported by wonderful sponsors that have a mission to empower entrepreneurs and business with technology and creativity. This year's event will focus on #web, #social and #content. Presenters will dive into areas like the integration of social and search, web analytics for business and content marketing.
ConvergeSouth 2013 Website
- WordCamp Raleigh 2013, College of Engineering at North Carolina State University, November 23rd-24th 2013
A weekend workshop that is all things WordPress. 3 tracks: user, power user, and developer cover a wide range of tools, tricks, and techniques for developing websites via WordPress. Area leaders in WordPress development will provide lectures and workshops to help further your WordPress skills. Hosted at the College of Engineering at North Carolina State University.
WordCamp Raleigh Website
- Converge Southeast, Columbia, South Carolina, May 2nd & 3rd 2014
ConvergeSE is two days of immersive web design, development, technology, maker & business workshops and inspiring keynote style talks.
An Event Apart, Washington, D.C. July 21st - 23rd
An Event Apart is a series of web development conferences that happen in cities all over the world. What sets An Event Apart, well apart, is it world class orginizers and speakers. The Event Apart group are easily some of the most notorious names in the world of web development.
An Event Apart
I've shown art stuff!
- Kenneth Wilson: Selected Works – Feburary 1st – 28th , 2013, Holly Hall Gallery, ASU, Albany, GA
- Hidden Agendas – MFA Thesis Exhibition 2, April 20th – 27th, 2012, University Gallery, UF, Gainesville, FL
- Abstracted Antagonism #6: Police & Thieves – Provost Digital Fabrication Lab Award Exhibition, April 20th, 2012, WARPhaus Gallery, UF, Gainesville, FL
- Hidden Mickey is Hidden – Passport to Utopia, A Digital Media Group Show, January 21st – January 26th, 2011, WARPhaus Gallery, UF, Gainesville, FL
- The Dancing Gene & The Sporting Gene – Codified: Art & Genetics. November 9th – 29th, 2011, University of Florida Cancer & Genetics Research Complex, Gainesville, FL
- Banana... – 4Most Gallery Grand Opening. September 30th, 2011, 4Most at WARPhaus, Gainesville, FL
- Notes on Nationalism & Police & Thieves – Quotidian. June 16th, 2011, WARPhaus, Gainesville FL
- Somewhere in Between – 60th Annual All Florida Juried Competition and Exhibition. June 29th through September 11th, 2011, Boca Raton Museum of Art. Juror, Valerie Ann Leeds
- Broadcasting Balance – Translocation, A Trans-Media Seminar Show. April 19th, 2011, University of Florida, basement of building FAC
- Bipartisan, Sounds Like Fear or Pain, and Transmission – Gainesville Fashion Week red Carpet Event at Sharab Lounge, Gainesville, FL, April 6th 2011 – anonymous jury
- Interpolating Society - A solo show of inkjet prints at Lux Bar, Gainesville FL, part of Gainesville Art Walk, February 25th, 2011
- 4 Roads, 4 Ways – 2011 University of Florida School of Art and Art History Juried Show. February 22nd through March 4th, University Gallery. Juror, Kerry Oliver-Smith
- Assimilation – We The Corporation, A Digital Media Group Show. January 24th through February 11th, 2011. The Focus Gallery, University of Florida
- 4 Roads, 4 Ways - Lo-Cale, Quantifying Place. October 29th 2010, Citizen's Co-Op, Gainesville FL - curated by Katerie Gladdys
- Closed Air Space – Lock Down: 9 Artist, 1 Studio, 72 Hours. April 21st through 23rd 2009, Digital Media Studio Space, Gainesville, FL
- Transferring A Smithson Heap - Future of Digital Studies Conference gallery show. February 25th - 27th, 2010, Reitz Union Gallery UF - curated by Patrick LeMieux
- The State I Am In - Memento Mori: Life is fleeting, death is certain. October 31st 2009, WARPhaus Gallery, UF - curated by Shelia Bishop